Cloud-based storage is provided from secure data centers in Sweden and is based on the market-leading Ceph storage technology.
Get information about all our services in our Service Catalogue
Cloud-based storage comes in three different versions based on the market-leading Ceph storage technology. Safespring provides the service from secure data centers with high levels of availability. As the data centers are located physically within the country, your data never leaves Sweden. We store all data on encrypted hard disks. The service is flexible and fully automated, and users can create new volumes themselves in just a few easy steps.
By choosing Cloud Storage, users can reduce their data storage costs, free up capital, improve the company's flexibility, and increase system performance. To date, physical servers and storage have forced IT departments to invest in storage capacity based on anticipated future requirements. Cloud-based storage allows users to buy storage based on their actual needs and usage patterns.
Cloud storage is quick to distribute. Instead of setting up complex infrastructure for weeks and months, users can buy the capacity they need and have it delivered within a few minutes. The system can be scaled up or down depending on your business needs.
Local and secure cloud platform
Safespring provides our cloud services through data centers in Sweden that fall under Swedish jurisdiction, not least the Swedish Personal Data Act (PUL). The data centers have a very high level of physical security. We store all data on encrypted disks. All underlying systems in the cloud platform have a high level of security hardening (SELinux). We have set up our platform redundantly to achieve a high level of availability. In addition, the system components are continuously and automatically patched based on a CI/CD environment. A flexible and scalable service that doesn't require new IT investments in hardware The service is available on a per GB per hour basis. Users can access the service via a secure and encrypted internet connection. There are three different storage services:
Fast: This storage service is based on SSD hard disks for optimal extremely fast storage (IOPS). This service is well suited to transaction-intensive applications such as databases. The service is used together with our Compute service through a self-service portal or API.
Large: This storage service is based on mechanical SAS hard disks with NVRAM write cache to ensure a balance between price and performance. The service is well suited to file storage and operating systems. The service is used together with our Compute service and provisioned by a self-service portal or API.
Active archive: This storage service is an object storage service based on SMR hard disks. We give your application access to an S3 interface. We have optimized the service for large, inexpensive storage spaces. It is well suited to applications that read or write large volumes of data, such as e-archives or web applications for publishing data. You can reach the service through API.
You can download the service's detailed invoice. At the same time, role-based access gives the IT department full usage traceability, enabling resource consumption costs to be pinpointed at a user or department level. Quotas are easily set for individual users or projects. Quotas give the company complete cost control and traceability and enable the company to solve the problem of the phenomenon popularly called “shadow IT.”
- Flexible cloud-based storage in one of three different services depending on your requirements
- Data is transmitted encrypted to a data center and stored on encrypted disks in the data center
- Invoice-based payment
- Easy-to-use self-service portal
- 24/7 technical support, all year round
Storage as a service is a cloud-based service created to cater to the stringent requirements of the education and research sector in the Nordic region. All data is stored in our data center to give users the security and control they need. Our Storage service is flexible and easy to use, either via the self-service portal or via an automated standard request to the service's API, making it very well suited to integration with applications.
- Market-leading Ceph cloud technology – Choose from three different storage services – Fast, Large, or Active Archive – High level of network performance and software-defined virtual networks to easily separate traffic.
- Hourly rates – Manage both peaks and low volumes – Discounts for one- or two-year minimum-term contracts.
- Great flexibility for the user – Elastic storage as required.
- High level of security – Role-based access control to the service. Optional integration with identity systems – Integrated with SWAMID & FEIDE for the education sector – Data is encrypted during transmission (TLS) and in our data center on self-encrypted hard disks.
- High level of availability – Disaster protection – Storage in another geographical location – Redundant internet connection – Direct connection to SUNET and Sikt for the education sector.
- Cost control – Predict your costs by setting quotas for users and/or projects with invoice-based payment.
- True cloud service – Capacity can be scaled up or down according to the user's needs.
- Reduce costs – No need to invest in your hardware or software.
- Save time – Easy to implement with automated installers.
- Secure – Data is encrypted.