Safespring is a rapidly growing Nordic startup delivering locally-based Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) using open-source software.
Our mission is to empower customers to innovate swiftly, reduce time to market, remove technical constraints, increase efficiency, and maintain data sovereignty.
We are currently expanding our cloud-based compute and storage services, delivered from professional data centers in Norway and Sweden. To keep up with the increasing demand for our services, we are seeking experienced Infrastructure Engineers who are experts in OpenStack, Ceph, and infrastructure as code to join our dynamic technical teams.
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Safespring, you will develop and operate our infrastructure based on OpenStack and Ceph. You will contribute your deep knowledge of OpenStack to our team while working on all parts of the infrastructure. You will also participate in our on-call rotation, providing out-of-hours support approximately every 6th week.
Safespring has always been a distributed organization. While you can choose to work remotely from home or your hometown, we also offer the option of working from our offices in Oslo, Stockholm, or Bergen. Please note that for regulatory reasons, we require team members to be residents of Norway or Sweden.
Anders Bruvik, the Infrastructure Department Manager, will be your direct supervisor. He is more than happy to have an informal conversation with you if you have any questions about the position. Contact information is provided below.
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure based on OpenStack and Ceph
- Contribute to the design, optimization, and troubleshooting of distributed systems at scale
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure timely response to incidents
- Collaborate with various people and organizations, demonstrating strong listening and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably a Scandinavian language
- Deep knowledge of building, operating, optimizing, and troubleshooting distributed systems at scale; experience with OpenStack and/or Ceph is a plus
- Proficiency in networking and routing protocols, including BGP, IPv4, IPv6, encryption, and firewalls
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, Containers, and automating infrastructure
- Expertise in infrastructure as code (Ansible experience is preferred, but knowledge of other tools is equally valuable)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., Python or Golang)
- Willingness and ability to learn, grow, and share your knowledge with the team
- Must be a resident of Norway or Sweden
Travel and Training
We bring our team together approximately every quarter, usually in Scandinavia. Additionally, we offer a budget for training that you can allocate towards conferences, courses, books, or online courses, depending on your preference.
Compensation and Benefits
Safespring is affiliated with Kollektivavtalet (https://www.techsverige.se) and adheres to their rules in both Sweden and Norway, including local regulations for working hours, vacation, wellness benefits, and competitive salaries.
Compensation includes a base salary, variable salary based on company targets, overtime and on-call rotation compensation, and an opportunity to invest in the company. Compensation is individually negotiated, with guidelines provided for Senior Engineers in Norway and Sweden. The total compensation is typically 750 000 - 825 000 NOK, while for a Senior engineer in Sweden total compensation is typically 636 000 - 700 000 SEK.
How to Apply
If you are ready to join a fast-paced, innovative company and play a vital role in the development of cutting-edge infrastructure services, please submit your application today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Infrastructure Department Manager