Join our Infrastructure team as Ceph Engineer!
Safespring is expanding, and we are looking for engineers who want to join our infrastructure team, working on Ceph and OpenStack
About the team
The infrastructure team in Safespring is developing and operating our infrastructure based on OpenStack and Ceph.
Safespring was organized as a distributed organization from the beginning, and so is this team. That means you can choose to work from home or your home town, but if you sometimes want to work from an office, we currently have flexible office spaces in Oslo, Stockholm, and Bergen, and will consider the same in other cities. Note that for regulatory reasons, we require team members to be residents of Norway or Sweden.
Who will be the manager?
The manager for the infrastructure team is Anders Bruvik. See contact information below, he will be happy to have an informal conversation if you have questions about the position.
About the company
Safespring is a Nordic startup delivering a locally based infrastructure as a Service based on open-source software. Our Services enable customers to innovate quickly, reducing time to market and removing technical constraints while increasing efficiency levels and retaining data sovereignty.
From our professional data centers in Sweden and Norway, our delivery of infrastructure-as-a-Service includes Safespring Compute, Storage, and Backup. The services are flexible, fully automated, and based on self-service through API or portal. Our value proposition includes open standards, privacy, and compliance with local laws.
Our customers include some of the largest research and education organizations, government authorities, and SaaS companies in Sweden and Norway. Safespring holds directly or through a partners framework agreement with GÈANT (including Sunet, Sikt and NORDUnet), SKR, Kammarkollegiet to mention the most important ones.
Safespring supports open infrastructure and open sources through memberships in open infra foundation, Nordix foundation, and Gaia-X among other initiatives.
What are you going to work on?
We deliver infrastructure services based on open-source software like Openstack and Ceph. You will work on all parts of the infrastructure, including OpenStack and Ceph, but we expect you to add deep knowledge about ceph to our team. You will also be part of our on-call rotation, where you are responsible for out-of-hours response approximately every 6th week.
What do we expect from you?
- We expect that you can communicate concisely and clearly in English and a Scandinavian language.
- You have deep knowledge about building, operating optimizing and troubleshooting Ceph clusters at a large scale.
- You have experience with Continuous Delivery, Containers, and automating infrastructure.
- You have experience with infrastructure as code - we use mostly Ansible, but experience with other tools is also valuable.
- You have skills in at least one programming language (for instance Python or Golang)
- You enjoy working with a variety of people and organizations and are a good listener and communicator.
- Most important: You should be willing and able to learn, grow and share. We need your knowledge to work to improve our customers, teams, and organization - what you learn, combined with what you already know, is our most valuable asset.
- You must be a resident of Norway or Sweden
Will there be any traveling?
We try to gather the team approximately one time each quarter, usually somewhere in Scandinavia. In addition, there is a budget for training that could either be spent at conferences and courses or on books and online courses if you prefer to travel less.
How is the salary?
Safespring is affiliated to Kollektivavtalet (https://www.itot.se/) and applies to their rules in both Sweden and Norway, including local rules for working hours, vacation, wellness benefits, and market salary.
How to apply
To apply, send please send your CV and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com, or upload them Nextcloud by clicking on the button below labeled “Upload application”.